EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

FORD F250: 2014 F350 6.7 L9OW EGR FLOW DETECTED. EGR AND C

Customer Question

2014 F350 6.7 L9OW EGR FLOW DETECTED. EGR AND COOLER?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Hi what code are you getting? And when you say you replaced EGR, what part of the EGR system did you actually replace?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the egr valve that is attached to the front of the cooler. I don't have it in right now and cant quote the code. I want to say p0402....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
That code almost always indicates that the egr cooler needs to be replaced. It is not the entire cooler that sits on the valve cover. That needs to be taken apart and the internal part of the cooler needs to be replaced. It gets plugged solid with soot.
With that said, depending on the build date of the truck, the PCM needs to be updated to the latest level, per Ford service bulletin, as there are several codes that can set, p0402 being one of them.
So at the dealer, when we get this code, we make sure the pcm is updated first. Then if it is we replace the egr cooler to correct the condition. The valve on the front of the cooler is just a bypass valve.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you may need the procedure to replace the cooler assembly. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to utilize this service more often without additional cost. is there a way to become a member? Also, yes I would like the procedure! I ordered the EGR valve from Wendle Ford in Spokane Wa. and that is the part that I was given!? I did see on the back right of the motor and saw what looked like an egr?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
The problem is not a valve. It is the cooler element which is inside of the entire egr cooler assembly that is located on the passenger side valve cover.
I will send you an offer for the workshop manual procedure for replacing the cooler. You can decide whether or not to ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer for the instructions.
Also, if you contact customer service there is a subscription service you can subscribe to for a monthly charge.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my response. Did you get your truck squared away? Do you have more questions for me, need some instructions? Please respond to let me know and please rate the service provided. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my response. Please ask more questions if needed and please remember to rate the service. Thanks.