Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Ford Falcon: I own a BF falcon XT MK2, which i have installed

Customer Question

Hi
I own a BF falcon XT MK2, which i have installed a Turbo motor and Turbo ZF gearbox and the repairer has even changed all the wiring harness, so that the Turbo motor works. But the repairer a Qualified machinic has said that there is a fault where when you select drive or reverse kicks in and out of gear due to the ABS module telling the Gearbox that it is turned off and then cuts back in after a brief second.
Basically making the car worthless and would love to know what is causing the ABS unit to do this as there is no known fault, recently 2 other 2006 BF turbo falcons are doing the same, that has been delivered to his workshop and he doesnt know the issue and seems to think it may be a underlying issue with the model. What are your thoughts on this matter.
I think you would be better off talking to the Workshop owner as i am no machinic
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Underlying issue with the model?
I'd say the programming for the rest of the car is how it would be from FORD.
Fitting a Turbo Motor and wiring harness ECM etc, now makes the ABS module programming a mismatch.
I think he needs to program the WHOLE vehicle high speed CAN-BUS components with the programming for a turbo car.
I'd bet if he took it FORD, they would see that way also.
It would be that for many vehicles.
Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gary
Thanks for the information.based on my information supplied.
This machinic only works on ford car, usally installing mods tunes etc..
The ABS system module was replaced with a new one and he has reprogrammed a turbo programing in the system.
Maybe the Can-bus es left are from the old normally aspirated car, would this be making the gearbox go in and out of gear.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I know don't Ford that well, but I cab assure you that if you that sort of conversion to a late model Holden there would mismatches.
If the harnesses are correct, and if the modules are all talking to each other and there is no communication DTCs, then I would be seeing another programmer. The transmission/ABS combo is probably not setup correctly.
I'm sorry I can't offer any more info.
I would see what FORD says about the combo.
Hope this helps.
Gary