chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

My 05 crown vic no interior light only on manual its in dark

Customer Question

my 05 crown vic no interior light only on manual its in dark mode need to restore it
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
-
On police vehicles only, the dark car feature is a special order option that will override the illuminated entry function. If the feature is activated, the courtesy lamps will not illuminate during entry or exit of the vehicle. However, the interior lamps will still illuminate when switched on from the instrument panel dimmer switch.
The unique police instrument panel harness has an in-line connector for enabling or disabling the dark car feature. The in-line connector (C2320) is located behind the headlamp switch. When the connection is made, the dark car signal circuit is routed to ground. The feature is enabled by completing the circuit to ground, and disabled by opening the circuit. To enable or disable the feature, disconnect the battery, disconnect or connect C2320, and reconnect the battery.
-
we can go back and forth on this page
-
Chris