Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F53 Motorhome: I have a 2002 class A Ford motor home.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 class A Ford motor home. The engine is not getting any fuel. The starter turns over but no ignition. The engine started fine 2 days Ago
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Can you better explain no fuel, no fuel pressure or no injector pulse?
You said no ignition, so there is no spark either?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspect a relay is malfunctioning. While checking fuses under the dash and in the engine bay I may have caused one of the relays to fail. I am unable to locate the OBDII port to run a diagnosis. It appears that the coach builder relocated it to an undisclosed location and that coach builder went out of business a couple of years ago.
You would of needed to short wires to cause a relay to fail.
Its not that the DLC is relocated, its never mounted from Ford because there is no dash in the vehicle when it leaves the assembly line. It in the drivers floor board area, normally near the steering column.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this time I'm unable to answer your questions. Presently I'm not with the vehicle so I can't check for spark or fuel flow. I may have a RV tech coming out tomorrow morning to see if we can get it started.
Thanks for your assistance Chris. You've asked all the right questions. Unfortunately I don't have the answers for you.
Just report back whenever you can and I will help more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Chris.
Your welcome