EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Explorer sport: was wondering if the starter relay might be

Customer Question

was wondering if the starter relay might be bad cause i have power but no click from the starter
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
If the theft light is blinking rapidly when the key is turned on then that may be your problem. But the starter relay could be bad to get no click from the starter. Cut and paste the following link for a picture of where the starter relay is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba0dnn3k2n1w9qd/bjb.pdf?dl=0
Also to make sure the relay has the power it is supposed to, use a test light and check that pins 85 and 30 of the relay have power when the key is on. Thanks.