James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

EXPEDITION: mY 07 EXPEDITION IS NO CRANK NO START...ANTI THEFT

Customer Question

mY 07 EXPEDITION IS NO CRANK NO START...ANTI THEFT FLASHING
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes it will start right back other times, like now, it will not and all the dash odometer shows the wrench , then ------, goes thru some others. It happened a few times within 6 months now its daily...to the point I don't want to drive it for fear of getting stranded for a lengthy time.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Is the instrument cluster showing just dashes right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sometimes it just flashes the dashes...the wrench and a few other symbols and then it goes back to the odometer reading..brit no start or crank.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. When the cluster shows dashes it means it isn't communicating with the rest of the module. Weather or not you flashing theft light is tied to this or not I'm unsure without doing some testing. If you have an owners manual the first thing I would do is swap out the pcm power relay. It is a relay that tends to go bad from time to time it's also doesn't cost anything to swap it with another relay. If this doesn't correct the concern I would try a second key. If you turn the key on and let it sit for a minute it will slow down. When it slows down hopefully it might flash out a 2 digit code from 12-17. If it does this please let me know what the code is.