James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford Escape: . My 2005 Ford Escape has been jerking whenever

Customer Question

Hi. My 2005 Ford Escape has been jerking whenever I go past 40mph. The RPM goes up high and the car feels like it's breaks then it goes. The thieft light turns on when this happens and then off. This has happened for about 3 months. Now the check engine light turned on and the service emissions system shows.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. How many miles are on this vehicle? Do you have a way to test for codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
114k no
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Due to the mileage it sounds like you have an engine misfiring. It is easily corrected by performing a tune up on this vehicle. I would change all spark plugs, fuel filter, and clean the mass air flow sensor with mass air flow sensor cleaner. Disconnect the battery for ten minutes to reset everything. This should correct your concern and eliminate the misfires.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.