James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F350: I have a 2007 F350. Died while driving. With a scanguage2,

Customer Question

I have a 2007 F350. Died while driving. With a scanguage2, I have 0ICP pressure while ICP is plugged in, and 1485 when unplugged, but still no start. should I change ICP sensor? or could it be an HPOP issue
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Once the vehicle has cooled back down does the icp build at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ICP builds to about 8 when cold.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for the information. It sounds like you have a bad IPR valve or a large high pressure oil leak. Using special took 303-765 made by OTC you can test for a high pressure oil leak. It threads into the icp sensor hole and you apply compressed air. Listen under the valve covers and under the turbo for a large amount of air. If the air sounds like a large leak under the turbo it can be an STC fitting or the IPR valve. Finding the leak can be a time consuming task so I would take your time the best you can.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if I don't hear a large air leak, what should I be looking for?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If you don't have an air leak it would be bad IPR valve.