Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Ford Fusion: I replaced alternator and battery but battery

Customer Question

I replaced alternator and battery but battery light stiil comes on. The alternator is charging and battery has full charge.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Since you have replaced the alternator already then the 3 possible causes left for the battery light to be on, is the PCM (engine computer), the instrument cluster, or the wiring from the alternator to the PCM. To you have the ability to check voltages at the pcm and at the instrument cluster? And also which engine is in your fusion? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
I do not availability for phone calls at the moment. Do you want to continue or want me to open the question back up so you can find someone available for calls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
open question back up.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** can set up a phone call if you like?