Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford f150 lariat: I have a 1986 ford f150 but I can not get

Customer Question

I have a 1986 ford f150 but I can not get it to crank. I believe a wiring problem exists, but cant find a schematic....can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Fuel will not keep it from cranking. Youre wasting your time chasing a fuel problem if the problem is it wont turn over.If you want a fuel diagram I can give you one but you cant hold it against me when you waste all day chasing a problem that doesnt exist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine turns over, but it will not start. I was really interested in getting all the wiring diagrams because there are several wires that do not go to anything. The truck used to run fine and I have checked all the fuses and relays. When starting, it almost catches and then it just turns, but no crank.
Giving you every wiring diagram on this truck would take weeks. I cant do that. I would point you towards alldatadiy.com to get diagrams and then I can help you with the troubleshooting.