James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Exp 5.4: climate control switch not working 2000 exp 5.4

Customer Question

climate control switch not working 2000 exp 5.4
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. which part of the climate control doesn't work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it works
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I'm confused on what your concern is. Is the climate control not switching correctly between hot and cold? Is it not switching correctly between floor and vents? The more details I have will make it that much easier for me to give you an accurate answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing I'd working when you turn on.not blowing.replaced relay, blower motor resister.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok so the blower motor isn't working correctly if you replaced the resistor and relay then your blower motor is bad and needs to be replaced. The windings inside the blower motor are known to get a dead spot leaving the blower not working. Once you replace it this should repair your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.