Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Can't get any readings are my OBD port inside my 2004 Ford

Customer Question

can't get any readings are my OBD port inside my 2004 Ford diesel 60. the port is hot but we can't scan any readings on the scanner please help
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.First what is the problem you are trying to work on?Second what kind of scan tool is it? Has it ever worked on this truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to hook up the power saver unit to the OBD port for fuel economy and yes at work before we have power to report but we can't pull up any readings no scannings. Of any kind
Does it run fine with no warning lights? Do you have any way of trying another scan tool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah the box itself is hot everything runs starts gauges light everything works cigarette lighter everything there's just no can't pull you reading the sound of that port and I just I don't understand I've never seen it before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please call me in person on the phone my number is ***** 25 94547 I have arthritis in my hands and it's very hard for me to do this
Im going to submit an additional service to call you. We cant contact you offsite without an additional service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for some reason my car disco working I don't know what the problem is but I'm at my wits end this whole problem,
Just a moment. Let me pull your truck up.
Alright. Do all the other modules communicate with the scan tool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Wayne I've been fighting this problem for a week or two different mechanics trying to get scammed and as always tell me as they can't do not know if they can't get the scanners to work so I'm dead in the water Thank You Wayne
Theyre not mechanics if they cant trace an electrical fault.
Where are you located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya way I am located in bourbon Missouri 6544 one
Gotcha. If you werent too far I was gonna offer to check and see if my scan tool will communicate. 573 is a big area code ;)