John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

F150: 2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost left rear turn signal & brake

Customer Question

2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost left rear turn signal & brake light not working. Parking lights are. Replaced all bulbs, checked fuses and relays and replaced turn signal switch. Didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Amswer. My Name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
the lighting systems are more advanced these days than they used to be, Your vehicle has what is called a smart junction box, it is part fuse panel and has a bunch of other goodies in it as well like FET transistors that power the bulbs. Sometimes when a bulb goes out, the FET will shut down and just wont come back on again until the code that has been set when it shut down has been cleared. I recommend that you get the dealer to scan the truck for any codes and clear them and as long as there are no wiring issues, this should turn it back on again. There always is a chance that the SJB has gone bad and may have to be replaced, but would try the reset first.
If you need more information or have more questions, just respond and I will reply as quickly as I can.
Once agaib, thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.