Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Ford freestar se van: first of all i'd like to say that i'm

Customer Question

first of all i'd like to say that i'm knowledgeable of changing water pumps on ford & chevy,,
I believe i've got a water pump bearing going out on my 06 ford freestar se do to the noise it's making also some residue coming from the weep hole,, also i had a mechanic check it out & he agreed that the screeching or squalling noise was from one of two either water pump or alternator. The question i've got is about the bypass for the heater, witch is usually rubber hose connected, the one on mine is hard tubing, my question is can this tube be removed by pulling, twisting, prying prior to removing the water pump bolts or can you advise me of the proper procedure for removing the water in 15 or less steps, also it seems where the bottom of the pump is also connected to a tube then to a bottom hose,, any help will greatly appreciated,, Thanks from Robert Cameron Plainfield, Il
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Robert, my name is Scott
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Let me see if I can find you more information.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Here is water pump removal. Remove the coolant tubes first before unbolting the water pump, much easier this way, the coolant tubes can be a pain sometimes and sometimes they come right out.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
If I could do this job in 15 stepss, I could make a lot more money, lol, if you have more questions just ask, Thanks Scott