James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F250 6.0 diesel: 2004 f250 6.0 has oil In fuel bowl

Customer Question

2004 f250 6.0 has oil In fuel bowl
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. If you inspect the coolant tank is there fuel in the coolant as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the antifreeze is good it does smell burnt though for some reason it's been like that for a while
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If the anti freeze smells burnt that could always be a sign of a different problem especially if the coolant is low at all. In order for oil to get into the fuel system it's in the cylinder heads. You could have a bad injector(s) or you could have a crack in one of the cylinder heads. This engine is known for a cracked head allowing fuel into the coolant. A crack in the head can also allow oil to go into the cylinder head. When you start the engine does it run rough at all? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as it would start it would accelerate high then return to idle and it would sound pretty good
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If you have a power balance when it runs rough it will be able to tell you what cylinder is missing. That would be the most helpful thing I starting diagnostics. The Ford IDS can pick this misfire up very fast.