Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ac stopped working

Customer Question

2006 ford econoline van -- ac stopped working for 2 days last week-- blower still works, went to charge freon low pressure port reading 100 PSI, checked AC clutch fuse -- good.  then this last weekend it started working again for 2 days (cooled just fine) then stopped working again last night.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
It doesnt sound like it is refrigerant related. It sounds electrical. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

What size engine does it have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

5.4L V8

Verify battery voltage is present to the compressor clutch on the Grey/White (GY/WH) wire and that the Black (BK) wire of the clutch connection is showing to be a good ground. This should be checked with the engine idling and the A/C turned on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will do that later today --

Alright. Let me know what you find and we can move on. I will be standing by. THanks