Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Ford five hundred: just put a new, used computer in my 2007

Customer Question

just put a new, used computer in my 2007 ford 5 hundred. won't start anti theft light id flashing. new computer is same part number.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.The part number doesnt matter. The PCM is programmed to your car and the keys are learned to the PCM. Hopefully you still have the original PCM or the programming will cost more.EIther way its going to have to go to the dealer for programming. Bring all the keys with you that you want to work on the vehicle. It will be up to your dealer whether or not they will program your used PCM or if they will only install a new one. I doubt they will program the used one but some will.If the car would run with the original PCM reinstall it to drive it to the dealer to save on towing.