Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ford F150: i have 1990 F-150. Had some pack rat wiring

Customer Question

i have 1990 F-150. Had some pack rat wiring damage. got motor running but now do not have operating instrument panel with exception of speedometer. Gas gauges both tanks at 1/2, ampmeter not functioning nor oil or temp

06/07/15

ave determined that Tach is controlled by coil. somebody replaced the coil with used one so that could be issue with tach but does not address fuel and other gaugesl

Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect all wiring under the hood and in the interior especially under the dash on your vehicle and see if any other wiring is found damaged in any way.If a fault is found with any of the wiring the affected wiring will need to be repaired or replaced to correct this here.
If all wiring is found to be o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

problem is there is no damage inside vehicle (under dash). I think , if this was a 70's auto then the first thing would be an IVR on back of cluster. That would be the gauges. 1990, I do not know. and the tach would not be part of it. I do not and cannot determine what runs the TAch.(No big Ford schematics like I used to have :)Cool

I once was a ford tech. 45 years ago. things change.

rodents had destroyed primary power and most of the wring to the test relays

all repaired, I think. Ohm meter checks etc.

Pete: system asking for rating to compensate you. However i have NO answer at this point. Only the possibility of more wiring damage. no direction. thanks anyhow.