A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I am working on 1992 E350 with horn and cruise control inop

Customer Question

I am working on 1992 E350 with horn and cruise control inop and no power to the horn relay. Would like information and schematic for wiring harness to the steering column from the under hood fuse box.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Does this E350 have an air bag in the steering wheel or just a horn button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it is 1992...can you email me a schematic?
No problem. The air bag was an option in the 1992 E350 and the wiring is different.Below are the diagrams.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you have a wiring schematic of the under hood fuse box that would show pin numbers and color of wire that powers horn relay
Ford does not have one for the 1992. There should be a diagram on the side of the relay that matches the wiring diagram. There should be numbers on the bottom of the relay also.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so it should have battery voltage at the horn relay under steering column. What voltage should read at steering wheel for cruise control?
There will be no voltage at the steering wheel. Only a ground circuit for the horn and the cruise control. Each cruise control switch sends a certain amount of resistance to ground back to the speed control servo.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks I will work on this thing Monday an let yo koow.
Sounds good. I will be at work at the dealership, but I will get an email when you reply and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. It all depends on how busy the shop is.