Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master
11302663

Ford contour: I have a 1997 ford contour that will not start.

Customer Question

I have a 1997 ford contour that will not start. I drove it home and it died on me right in the driveway, the motor turns over but will not start.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well guys lets just forget it since I have to leave and will not be able to follow up with your answer. Thanks for trying, Have a great day!
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
greetings, I was typing as you just posted
we can start by checking for fuel pressure, making sure we have fuel. Let me know if you hear the fuel pump buzz when the ignition key is on. The fuel pump is in the gas tank. Let me know if you can check for codes or can use a scanner to check live data. I have an APP for my Samsung phone that works with a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Both were cheap and works great. If you do not hear the pump or see fuel pressure (should see 27-40 psi)at the test port on the fuel rail the fuel pump may have failed.
Lets start here
let me know what you find
good luck
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
let me know how much fuel is in the tank.