Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

F650: I'm hoping you can help. I have a 2006 F650 with 6.0.

Customer Question

I'm hoping you can help. I have a 2006 F650 with 6.0. codes from garage showed low voltage through out all 8 injectors. I replaced FICM with a plug and play unit but, it still has the same symptoms. starts a little hard but, runs rough.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
does it improve when it gets warmed up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, runs the same warmed up. It throw a code about the FICM not running right. I researched and found that the original FICM was the wrong one for truck. I replaced it with correct one but, still running the same. I had both batteries tested and are good. Could it be a grounding issue? I noticed it does smoke white while giving gas and starts hard. when taking off it barely moves but, once RPM's come up it will go but runs rough.
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you may have a stuck EGR valve, also the FICM may need to be programmed with the correct calibration for your truck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the EGR valve. it was plugged up solid. I cleaned it completely and re-installed(not to say that it's failing) but, didn't make a difference. I'm thinking it maybe as you mentioned, not calibrated for my truck. The garage said that it would not run at all if it need programming but, nothing about calibrations.
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
I have found that cleaning the EGR valve doesn't work,it seems like something happens inside and they don't work properly, also I would have the PMI process performed for the FICM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The EGR cooler has been deleted already(prior to me).. Can I delete the EGR valve itself? Will this damage the engine at all?
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
If the truck has an EGR delete, then the valve isn't really doing anything other than keeping the check engine lite off. I would have the FICM programmed and then have them run an Enhanced power balance test as one or more injector may be defective.