James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I put a new air bag and replaced the bracket and the wiper

Customer Question

I put a new air bag and replaced the bracket and the wiper switch and the turn signal and my service air bag light stays on my wipers quit working and my cruise control the horn don't work so nothing on the steering wheel works I checked all the fuses they were all good
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its on a 2006 Pontiac g6 gt
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Did you replace the driver side airbag? Was the clock spring also replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I used the my old cock spring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking that might be it
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the clock spring might be a turn off. If the clock spring isn't indexed perfectly it will break the internal wiring.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.