Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Ford Ranger: I have a 1999 Ford Ranger and I had a new GEM

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Ford Ranger and I had a new GEM module replaced because I was having a problem with my windows not working & doors not locking...so now I get it back and it's been about a couple of weeks since I've used it...(but I've been keeping battery going) and I notice now my cruise control & dash lights don't work. They worked ok before but not now. I've checked the fuses but they all look ok. What is my next move before getting another electrical guy to look at it? They are expensive people.
Thanks,
Kat
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Did the GEM come from ford? DId the dash lights and cruise initially work with the new gem or do you not know?With any issue of this nature the first test is to check every fuse inside the truck and under the hood with a multimeter for continuity and replace any bad ones then recheck. That solves a good portion of the issues that could be fuse related.