Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

GOT A 1991 AEROSTAR 4.0L,, GOT FUEL TO THE INJECTORS, GOT

Customer Question

GOT A 1991 AEROSTAR 4.0L,, GOT FUEL TO THE INJECTORS, GOT SPARKS, BATTERY CHARGED UP, GOT POWER AT THE INJECTOR CONNECTORS, BUT IT WILL ONLY CRANK WANNTING TO START but no start unless i spray in carb cleaner in intake
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
Have you check to see if your injectors are pulsing?
Have you check the actual fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two injecctorss are bad........ fuel pressure is good. could it be a bad fuel regulator along with the two bad injectors?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the fuel pressure regulator was bad you would normally find it leaking and the fuel pressure not holding and or being excessive, normal fuel pressure should be right at 32 to 45 PSI and hold steady. To bad injector could cause a hard start, Are you getting injector pulse on all injectors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just said in my last response that two injectors are bad. so which means others are working. so can this cause car not to start at all but wanting to start? is there anything else I am missing?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Providing your engine has good compression and proper fuel pressure it would normally still start and run on 4 cylinders, it would not run real well due to the two dead cylinder but it would start and run.