How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wayne Crawford Your Own Question
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 3904
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Wayne Crawford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ford gt: I need a motor speedometer in a ford gt 1

Customer Question

I need a motor for the speedometer in a ford gt 1998
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Are you talking about the stepper motor in the cluster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it turns the odometer numbers.
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
OK. I was just making sure we were talking about the same thing. People tend to call things lots of different things.I assume this is a mustang gt and not a probe gt?Does your speedometer go to 120, 150 or 160 mph?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Usually THIS is whats bad in there. If you dont want to take it apart to replace that then you have to replace the whole speedometer head which is ford part number F6ZZ17255CA. Its discontinued so you would have to find a used one. If you give me your zip code I can locate you a whole cluster at a local salvage yard.