fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

Ford Exp;orer: 2007 ford explorer wont start. Computer beep

Customer Question

2007 ford explorer wont start. Computer beep under hood when key is turned
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pops when it should start but doesn't start
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When you say beep are you referring to the horn?
Will it at least crank?
What does the theft light do with the key in the run position?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No im not referring to the horn, or any other normal car beep like the no seat belt. It sounds like a soft beep from a computer when it freezes and you touch a button. It does it every time I turn the key to the run position. The truck does crank and sounds like it wants to start but doesnt. It just keep turning over. Occasionally it will go to start but stall immediately. The red anti theft light flashes normally then when I turn the key, it will stay on for a couple of seconds then go out.
I wish I could hear it because that does not sound like something stock on the vehicle causing this tone.
Its not the anti theft system, so that's good. The only things which can make a tone are the horn and the warning chime in the instrument cluster, any other type audible tone is not OEM. Lets move over to see what is missing. Do you know how to check fuel pressure, ignition spark and injector pulse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to Autozone and got a code reader. Its showing a fuel pressure rail a issue. Actual code is 0191 if I remember correctly. It was also showing a TPS code and a stuck throttle code. Those are the 3 that repeat. There was originally 8 codes, and after trying to start the truck this morn after putting in the new TPS it popped 5 more. 1 was the Fuel rail and the other 4 were all realting to the throttle body. I cleaned out the throttle body, and tried to start it again. It would almost start but die right away. At most it would run for 2 seconds. I can smell gas in the exhaust. Im at work at the moment, but will be home around 930. I have the new sensor at the house, but I am not sure which is rail A. Autozone thinks its the driver side. What I can do, is to give you my phone number, and you can call me when Im next to the truck and I can try and start it so you hear what Im talking about.
I do not need to hear it crank and stall, I have heard and diagnosed and fixed plenty of those.
Do you still have the code reader, if so do you know all the codes stored?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. Advanced had them 50% off so I bought it and plan to keep itP0191
p2107
p2104
p0223
p0122
p2111
p2110
p061f
Open the files below
What all the codes mean
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07explorercodes.pdf
Of these codes you do need to diagnose the fuel rail pressure sensor.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07explorerDD.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07explorerDD1.pdf
As well as the throttle body
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07explorerDV.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07explorerDV1.pdf
Prior to replacing any parts, you need to do the diag to confirm which parts are needed. Both the fuel codes and all the remainder throttle body codes can cause a no start. Prior to diag my educated guess is a new fuel rail pressure sensor and electronic throttle body are needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had changed the rail sensor prior to seeing your reply. There was no change in staus or even how ot sounds when I try to start it. Also noticed 4 bare wores that looks like some one stripped the wires on the tps and they were touching. I got frustrated and had it towed to a local shop where they put it on a diagnostic computer. Basically when he tried to test the pcm it would not respond at all. He couldn't even get it to test or back door. His best guess is that the tps wires which were touching shorted at least the pcm. I have a reman ordered but it will be at least thurs before it gets here. Pcms been out of the truck for 24 hours now so the only thing I can do is to plug it back on and see of it clears itself. Not holding my breath.
Question. Does the tps bare wires touching sound plausible for a shorted dead pcm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Yes this can cause a short, ruin the PCM though, not likely. Often that would just blow a fuse or cause a PCM relay to fail. Did they verify all the PCM powers and grounds are good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do me a favor and give me a call and I can walk you through what gene the local mech did and determined and how. To be honest I'm beyond frustrated(###) ###-####
Sorry I do not make calls to customers, to many bad experiences, doing so.
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
I would not be so quick to throw a pcm in it, it would need to be programmed at a dealership, I would definetly make sure all the fuses r ok and u need to make sure the powers and ground to the pcm are ok, and need a high end scantool and (ping) all the modules, that means u need to scan the entire vehicle at once, ussally take 5-10 minutes for scantool to complete, and to do a network test with scantool to see what modules can communicate and which ones don't. also 9 out of 10 times I had a fuel rail pressure sensor code it was not the pressure sensor mostly fuel pump or fuel pump driver module, and with tps codes was mostly the throttle body itself or connection issue not just tps sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's where a phone call would have helped. The first mechanic couldn't get the pcm to communicate with anything. Therefore it was bad. After the new pcm truck wouldn't turn over. Towed it to ford. Ford put their computer on it. The fuel management computer and fuel pump were both bad also. I was standing there when the original mechanic tested all of the relays and fuses. They were all good.
i hope the vehicle is ok now, after all that