Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

F250 fx4: I have a 2014 f250 and last night my area flooded.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 f250 and last night my area flooded. I was in the flood but water only got the just below the door. I have a 6" lift. This morning the water in fule warning came on and asked to drain the filter. I've done that and did not notice any water. The warning is still on
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Scott
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried disconnecting the water in fuel sensor located on the bottom of the primaary fuel filter housing to see if there is water in the connector?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Let me know thanks Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I got the warning I was on my way home , when I went to drain the filter I noticed it was unplugged. I just has the filtered installed last week. Do you think the tech forgot to connect it. Either way if it was unplugged woul that have set it off
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would have, try blowing the connector and sensor out, then recheck, if this doesn't work you may have a bad sensor, we have replaced quite a few.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks so I guess it's ok to drive until I can get it to the shop?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as long as you drained the water drain you should be just fine.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
The engine may throw a wrench light on and may derate, if driven for quite awhile.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your business!!