Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I own a 1994 f250 300 6 cylinder that I purchased with just

Customer Question

I own a 1994 f250 300 6 cylinder that I purchased with just 47000 actual miles from a manufacturing firm in town. Right after I bought it the mother board fried and I replaced it with another board I ordered on linr.Well truck has been running oh since
but the check engine light came on after the new mother board installed.It never came on with the origional board. I had it checked by mechanic and as usual u get several parts that it could be. I replaced the oxygen sensor and throtle position sensor but
light still on. Mechanic said it can only be the EgR sensor? I am wondering if that could be it or if maybe the new board is malfunctioning or has been programed with different specs?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I have never charged a customer for a diagnostic and told them it could be anything other than ONE part. Im not sure what kind of mechanic you are using but that is not the usual to get a list of parts. A mechanic verifys their suspicions. We dont just go off of codes.That being said what codes are in it? I can tell you how to verify it and quit wasting money.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The codes read oxygen sensor tps and egr sensor and I cant get a free code reading at the auto parts store because their reader doesnt go back that far.This guy didnt charge me for the tps and put my old one back in and said it was likely the egr sensor.
DO you know what codes were in it or just what your mechanic interpreted them to mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just what he interpeted
If you want to work on this yourself the biggest favor you can do for yourself is pick up a cheap code reader at least or scan tool with live data if you can find one cheap enough.