Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 ford ranger: power from iside truck to low pressure control

Customer Question

power from iside truck to low pressure control on receiver has power even when ac is turned off only when key is removed does power turn off why is that?when I jumper plug wires compressor clutch does not engage. Are there more controls on lead to clutch or is there a break in wire? I checked a lincoln town car and found that high pressure cut out switch was wired in series with low pressure switch on that vehicle. being a ford product could it be the same and if so, where is the hi pressure switch located on the ranger?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** high side pressure switch is run inline with the low side, the swich is located on the conmpressor itself, if you jumper the clutch directly, does the clutch engage?