Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

My 06 Focus simply stoped running the ignition won;t crank

Customer Question

my 06 Focus simply stoped running the ignition won;t crank although everything else in the car still works ? however the odomator display is flatlined also
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Lines across the odometer screen suggest the powertrain control module is not communicating with the instrument cluster. Check the ground in front of the left strut tower under the air box, if loose, or heavily corroded, repair ground and retest. Let me know if that dont do it and we can move on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no resopence
Access the throttle position sensor, back probe the Yellow and Red wire with key on. Let me know what you get.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure what you mean .when i pushed on the gas form a red lite the car started moving then somthing "popped" and the car died
Sorry. I meant check it for voltage. Did you check the ground I told you to check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the battery is showing 13v
You likely have a shorted out sensor or a bad PCM. It doesnt sound like it is within your ability to test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My answer will cost you only 38 $ .have a great day .
The answer doesnt cost you anything until you rate my service. My limitations dont keep us from getting to an answer. I have not been able to drag out of you what the voltage is at the throttle position sensor therefore I cant give you an answer.