Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2004 f150 has this exact same problem the check engine stays

Customer Question

My 2004 f150 has this exact same problem the check engine stays on all the time but u can start driving down the road an it will start jerking usually when it shifts to overdrive an the rpms drop but has done it at all speeds when this happens the check engine light blinks an when it stops jerking the check engine light stops blinking when it starts the jerking u can floor it an rpms go up but truck doesn't speed up it idles like it has a miss but when driving its smooth until jerking starts sometimes it may only jerk a few times a day some days it jerks all day long it seems that the colder the weather the better it runs any help is much appreciated thx
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Can you please tell me how many miles are on your vehicle?