AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

F150 v8 Triton 5.4L: I have a f150 99 model 5.4L. I'm not getting

Customer Question

I have a f150 99 model 5.4L. I'm not getting fire to my coils. The truck is turning over but won't crank. I changed the relays and crank shift senior. Fuel pump is working
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I changed the Crankshaft sensor the air conditioner compressor had rubbed one of the wires into I fixed it and put a new crankshaft sensor again. Checked all the fuses all we're good shape. Checked the fuel reset switch it was in good shape. Still not getting fire to coils
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Did you still need help?
Does the check engine light come no with the key on?
Does it go off while cranking?
HAve you checked for codes in the computer?
Any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash with the key on or when trying to start the engine?
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the key out the The theft light is blinking with the key turned on the theft light blinks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the crank shift sencor shorted out would that short out the PCM computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry with the key on the theft light goes out
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.
What about the check engine light?
Does it go on with the key on and go off while cranking the engine over?
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it Does not come on
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the check engine light should come on with the key on. IT is turned on by the PCM. It sounds to me like the PCM is not awake with the key on. I would recommend to check all powers and grounds going into the PCM with the key on. This includes all powers from all fuses and the ignition switch. Chances are the PCM is not getting powered up.
If all powers and ground check out good, then we need to check to see if one of the sensors that receive a 5 volt reference with the key on is shorted out. Based on my experience, the crank sensor cannot short out the PCM because it does not receive a reference voltage with the key on or when cranking.
If all checks out good, I would suspect a bad PCM.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn the key on the check Engine light comes on. But when I crank it the check engine light goes out
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Ok, good, check to see if the ignition coils are getting power with the key on and while cranking. If so, then check the ground signal trigger from the PCM to the ignition coils. If the PCM is not triggering the coils while cranking, the PCM is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is it a bad PCM. Thank you
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!
Please don't forget to rate.
Have a great day!!!
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Please let me know.
Customer