James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Battery keeps going dead. Draw with key off is 250-450mA and

Customer Question

Battery keeps going dead. Draw with key off is 250-450mA and goes away after 1hr down to 40. F19 and F21 under hood kill the current and F7 in dash cuts to 210mA. Kinda stuck now.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. After an hour your draw goes down to 40ma is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. 200-400 ma is pretty normal when modules are awake. Once they go to sleep if your draw is 60ma or less this is considered normal. If this is your reading I would suspect your battery is to blame. I would have the battery load tested. Your battery might pass anything other than a load test which is starting to become an outdated test. It works very well though.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.