Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford f450 cut away gas: 2010 ford f450 cut away gas issue I

Customer Question

2010 ford f450 cut away gas issue I have been fighting is lose of power and even stall on a hill at highway speed. Also hear some pinging or knocking at 3500-4k rpm . Local shop is pulling there hair out and can't see it happen or pull any codes! It's a satellite News Truck so it's got some weight. 65k miles on it.. Problem started a few months ago. O2's have been changed full tune up, checked for water in fuel,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

What liter engine?

Have you monitored the fuel pressure during this event?

Pinging which is spark knock occurs from incorrect or worn plugs, carbon buildup in the combustion chamber, incorrect air fuel ratio, and head temps to high.

Using just the information i have so far, I pointing to a possible fuel pump driver module failure.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris