James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford F150 Sport truck: Just drove my '03 F150 home from the

Customer Question

Just drove my '03 F150 home from the local dealer after a 2 wk repair of "sinking brake pedal". Dropped 587$ and still have same problem after new master cylinder installed. Then told it was a ABS valve failure and 900$ more. Told cant disable ABS, gotta replace valve. Only 56000 miles on this ranch truck that rarely sees pavement. Decided to not speed the 900+$ and just pump the pedal.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Can you please tell me what your specific question is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can the abs be bypassed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will the brakes suddenly fail like it is now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it poss the master replace was unnecc, a reflex easy diagnosis that filed to fix the prob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello anybody home on the other end
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
I am. I am just trying to respond but each time you respond I loose what I write. Please give me a moment.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
The ABS can be disabled electronically. This will only give you you base braking system. To remove the abs hydraulic unit that is something that can't be don't. You can alway get replacement parts cheaper online. There are companies that will repair the hydraulic unit for you as well. This will also save you some money on repairing the vehicle. When an internal leak happens in the abs there isn't an easy fix due to there are a lot of different valves. I would send it off to a rebuilder as they only charge a couple hundred dollars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to disable the thing hydraulicly to achieve base brake sys