Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Mat have a 2010 f350 throwing a P088 and the dealer said

Customer Question

hi Mat hi have a 2010 f350 throwing a P088 and the dealer said they can reprogram it as a solution. would like to know if this is viable solution. We replaced the hipressure rail harness - or they did 2 months ago for $2000 and I think this is related.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

The code P0088 is in most cases set due to the PCM programming and Ford has released a service bulletin that deals with this code and the repiar step in the bulletin calls for reprogramming the PCM. I have enclosed the bulletin for your review in the link below as it does apply.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0088%20May%2021.pdf

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron