John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

GA-AMM I HAVE A 2002 7.3

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2002 7.3 DIESEL ENGINE AND I HAVE CHANGED THE TURBO CHARGER,THE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP,HAVE TAKEN THE FUEL FILTER OUT AND CLEANED THE BOWL LAND STILL THE TRUCK RUNS WITH NO POWER.
AND YESTERDAY WENT TO START IT AND NOW IT DOES NOT WANT TO TURN ON. CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM.WHEN I HAD IT RUNNING IT WOULD RUN ROUGH AND WITH NO POWER.FINALLY IT SHUT DOWN AND DOES NOT WANT TO START.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FOR THIS SERVICE THAT IS JUST A ONE TIME FEE OF $28.00 AM I CORRECT ON THAT. BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT A MONTHLY CHARGE ON MY CARD EVERY MONTH I JUST WANT TO PAY THE $28.00 FOR THE ANSWER THAT YOU ARE GIVING ME. if THIS IS GOING TO BE A MONTHLY CHARGE THEN
WE NEED TO CANCEL THE MONTHLY PROSCRIPTION.
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/ford/93rw4-350-super-duty-2002-7-3-diesel-engine.html#). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  John Crouch replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.

First I need some more information from you in order to further assist you. When you turn the key on, does the fuel filter housing fill with fuel fairly quickly? Have you checked to see if there are any codes stored in the PCM?

Basically it takes to things to make good power. Boost and fuel pressure. There is a test port on the side of the fuel filter housing. hook up a pressure gauge and see what the pressure is, it should be 40-60 psi. Any thing less than that and there is a issue in the fuel delivery system. I have seen issues in the tank that can clog the pick up tube, I have also seen issues with the regulator part of the fuel filter housing that can keep your truck from building the correct pressure in order to run properly.

If the old turbo lost the back part of the turbine, make sure that it did not fall down into the down pipe, it can get lodged and clog the exhaust system and cause issues.

Once you have checked these things and still have the same concern, let me know and we can further go thru this together and get to the bottom of the concern.