jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have professionally been in the Automotive field for 30 years
25319281

F150: I have a ford 3 valve 5.4 2004 f150 shows code 1233

Customer Question

I have a ford 3 valve 5.4 2004 f150 shows code 1233 changed fuel pump drive module still skips after running only acts up when you stop or is at idle .if you rev it up it clears up .What is up?
Category: Ford
Expert:  jim replied 1 year ago.
The following test will need to be done in order to find a solution to the problem.
Access the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) located above the spare tire inside the frame rail on the driver's side of the vehicle and inspect its connection for good contact.
If the connection looks to be OK, check the Light Blue/Red (LB/RD) wire for a possible open or grounded circuit between the FPDM connection and pin 30 of the C175b connector of the PCM.
If the circuit shows continuity from one end to the other and is not shorted to ground, verify that the fuel pump will produce a maximum output pressure of more than 70 PSI when jumpering the White (WH) wire to the Pink/Black (PK/BK) wire of the FPDM with one jumper wire and installing a second jumper wire between the Brown/White (BR/WH) wire and the Black/Yellow (BK/YE) wire.
If the fuel pump will not make or sustain 70 PSI of fuel pressure when the circuits of the FPDM are jumpered, verify with the jumpers in place that the WH wire is showing full battery voltage and the BR/WH wire is a good ground. Repair either circuit as needed. If the power and ground are OK, replace the fuel pump assembly.
If the fuel pump runs when the circuits are jumpered together and the LB/RD wire checks to be good between the PCM and the FPDM, replace the FPDM and recheck system operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just replaced FPDM new spark plugs new coil packs.
Expert:  jim replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I no. Replacement of the FPDM is the last thing you do. You need to go through the diagnostic routine that I sent you in order, to find out if there is another problem in the circuit.