Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

08 f350 power stroke: Have the same issue on mine door don't

Customer Question

Have the same issue on mine door don't ding radio plays no dash indicated but air bag light won't start all fuses have power
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tested all relays gauge has 12v in 2 places & ground in1
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more.so when you turn the key to the first click the airbag light comes on? When you turn to the second click does any of the other warning lights come on ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First click light comes on second click nothing happens you can hear starter relay clicking and fuel pump comes on
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sounds like the ignition switch may be faulty. Have you replaced any parts yet ? What have you tried so far ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked fuses relays power supply gem bypassed starter with no result no parts thrown at
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. That helps. Let me check a few diagrams and see what I can come up with. Be back in a few. Are there any aftermarket accessories installed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck is stock other than a service body
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok great thanks. I'll check back soon with some info. Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok turn the key to the run position (2nd click) and use a test light and see if fuse 36 has power. In the interior fuse box. Let me know if it had power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes just to save time all fuses havepower
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok I understand you may have already been through this but I need you to check there as I ask just to be 100%. I need you to be my eyes and ears or I can't fully help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12.3v
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. What about fuses 31 and 26
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rechecked all fuses again 12.2 across the board and at gauge cluster
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok perfect. I appreciate that. Fuse 36 and fuse 26 are your powers for the instrument cluster at pins 1 and 14 and your ground is pin 6. If you have all of those correct then your cluster needs to be replaced.if the cluster had failed it will not allow the vehicle to crank or start due to the key signal goes through the cluster. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the process of calibration on the new cluster I'll let you know shortly
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Lol. That was fast. Did you have a new cluster handy or were looking for a second opinion ?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Any luck ?