chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

Explorer xlt 4wd: I have a 2013 exolorer xlt that I bought

Customer Question

I have a 2013 exolorer xlt that I bought last september, the LED on the dash for my temp of the truck is out and the service manager had the truck for three days and says that LED never comes on and he said that he checked with ford and they say the same thing, funny thing it was working when I bought the truck and I have gone to three other dealers with the same truck and their LED's work, what can I do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
-
I work at a Ford dealer in AZ, and if you have compared your Explorer to other like units and there temp gauge also illuminates then there is a problem , and if the dealer you are going to can not come to the conclusion that there is a problem then you have to visit another dealer or the same dealer and make an appointment to talk with the service manager ,
-
having a personal conversation with the service manager and pointing out what the problem is, will greatly increase the dealer repairing the problem, Ford dealers are all about making the customer happy and the manager will bend over backward to do what ever they can to resolve this problem , sometimes the typical service righter will not go the extra mile to cure a problem, but the service manager will ,
-
this is what I would do to convince the dealer that there is a problem , sometimes this has to be done due to lack of poor service adviser or auto tech performance , the have to be pushed to go all the way for the customer by the service manager ,
-
we can go back and forth on this page
-
Chris