Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 1988 F 250 4x4 w/ 7.3 he man I got he truck from

Customer Question

I have a 1988 F 250 4x4 w/ 7.3 he man I got he truck from took out the speedodmeter cable. this truck all so has cruise control. can I just plug the cable in or do I have c c censer there ? where on the trans. is the spot for the cable.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with your concerns.
You should be able to just plug the cable in.
In the link I have below, I have a pdf document that explains how to replace the cable and where it goes in at the speedometer and the transmission. The top pic is what the gear looks like at the transmission. On the back of the transmission, where the drive line comes out, the cable end goes there. Look for a hole or where the cable may have been cut from.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/lb9o86hbaoc7rok/1988_Ford_Speedo_Cable.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from the pic the mounting clip look like it should be on the cable. Ford and the auto parts stores say no, how does it work and where can I find one. also my local Ford dealer say a F250 w/ a 7.3 ,5 spd 4x4 was never made, Ive owned 2 in the past for my const. compney any help getting them on the right track.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Go through Rockauto.com for they should have the cable and the clip. Lmctruck.com will have it as well. Ford just may not have it due to year of the truck. I run into that often on vehicles older than 95 anymore with them.