Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Im getting a p 1451 code 2001 sport trac

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...The P1451 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid. The solenoid is located under the vehicle, towards the driver's side rear, mounted to the side of the EVAP Canister. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the lines to/from the canister and vent solenoid for any cracks, holes or disconnections. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the Canister Vent Solenoid should solve the problem. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.