Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Ford Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years of Ford Technician experience. I have built many custom Fords, I also collect them.
9795573

F150: 90 f150. replaced r lines & w cyls& mc & f pads. bled

Customer Question

90 f150. replaced r lines & w cyls& mc & f pads. bled clean. spongy pedal. dropped plastic disc from device between line & mc. replaced right way round maybe....i dont know what this is or if it matters. i dont know what other details....i am retired mechanic but always did imports
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
Do you have any brake warning light on. Have you tightened the rear brake shoes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no warning lights - not even brake lights. did not adjust r brakes but could hear adjusters clicking
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
This model had some problems with air in the back brake system if it has the rear wheel antilock setup. You should adjust the rear brakes tight where the wheels wont roll for testing, and bleed the rear brakes again. The recheck the pedal. If it is good to go, then back off the rear shoes just a bit and then recheck the pedal. If it still has problems get back with me and I will point you in the right direction. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.
I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.