Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Alright mike got a new starter and relay both click when switch

Customer Question

Alright mike got a new starter and relay both click when switch is engaged this evening ran ajumper wire from battery side of relay to small post on starter thought maybe that wire had a break somewhere and nothing different just a click but when I was pulling my wire out I hit big post beside big post that battery cable is hooked and starter turned over then I put power to that post again on purpose and starter engaged but if it's hooked up right nothing but the click at relay and starter help I need it and it's a 92 f350 7.3 diesel
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
You are talking like I had already been helping you, but I don't see any other posts under this screename of yours. Did you use a different screename and/or have the link to our other conversation?
In the meantime. Since this is a diesel, I assume it has 2 batteries. Are both of them charged?