Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford

Customer Question

hi doc! hope you don't mind...good thoughts its just that all this has always been taken care of regularly...just ran some cleaner, a good one, through month ago...no diff...this has been coming on for some time...i keep track of my mileage and i just got 31.5 to st louis and back, better by 3.5 than rated...i always use brand gas (BP) mostly...don't like to change back and forth...tends to create sediments in tank...use good oil no recycled stuff (i really don't understand that one although these days i guess its possible to at least be good enough for a clunker)...
so what to do...i was really looking for a more specific answer...i can't be the only one experiencing this...a dealer of course is a logical thought...i usually like to get a handle on things before i go to a dealership...my mechanic isn't inexpensive but i can always trust him to give me good advice and a premium job (haven't kept him very busy with this car) while keeping me aware of what may be comming down the pike so that i can prepare for the expense etc...
but he as well is not into the specifics of this particular make model etc (i am assuming this of you not knowing you well enough to have a good sense of all your experience which seems very significant)...so i don't mean to offensive but perhaps you are able to go beyond the normal and regular...i hope you will give it a shot or pass me to someone who has first hand knowledge of situations that most don't have the opportunity to have experience with...
my mechanic has run diagnostics as well and not found any real indications...he always checks and investigates online and has access to good diagnostic info sources...pays good money for that too...
so i was really looking for an experienced enough person who would have come accross this problem before having regularly dealt with late model fords, the new ecoboost and so on...
what are your thoughts?
mark
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I may be helping you today.Can you give us some specifics of what you are asking about.. your question points towards maybe a trouble code or something but doesnt really specify. Once you provide more info I will either help you or put it back on the open question list where others can see what the issue is so they know if they can help or not. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have now made 3 payments through paypal totalling over $76 dollars...i think i have started mor than one discussion...very confusing...need immediate help with this...have been talking with dr. hamman and now a ford expert and am waiting for another response...mark

am working with the contact us dept to clarify some things...

OK. Let me know if you need anything further. Your other question has been sent to customer service as a duplicate.. I do not see a third. Just to make sure they get it sorted properly I am also going to send this to customer service as a duplicate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks wayne,

this was the first info i sent that describes the basic concern so lets start there...i see that you must have the later info i had sent:

FORD TAURUS X 2009 3.2 V 6 ECOBOOST 101,000 MI - BUCKS AT VARIOUS SPEEDS, COLD AND NORMAL ENGINE TEMPS, FEELS LIKE IT IS TRYING TO SHIFT NUMEROUS TIMES IN A ROW SOMETIMES HARD AND CAN'T MAKE UP ITS MIND...OR MAYBE FEELS LIKE ENGINE IS MISSING HAPPENS WITH NO REGULARITY...usually though its seems to be on an upgrade that calls for increase in power and seems to be requiring a downshift...BUT this is BECOMING MORE AND MORE frequent...

LOVE THIS CAR, HAS HAD SO VERY FEW PROBLEMS NOT SURPRISED TO FINALLY BE EXPERIENCING SOMETHING...ANY THOUGHTS? COULD IT BE A SOFTWARE UP[DATE OR TRANSMISSION ADJUSTMENT, SPRK COILS WEEK...RECALL ISSUE...I'M NO MECHANIC BUT NEED SOME GUIDANCE ON HOW to proceed. mark

THIS IS THE LAST INFO I SENT WHEN WORKING WITH DR HAMMAN:

good thoughts (RESPONSE TO HIS SUGGESTIONS RE THINGS LIKE INJECTOR CLEANER, GAS QUALITY, ETC.)... its just that all this has always been taken care of regularly...just ran some cleaner, a good one, through month ago...no diff...this ISSUE has been coming on for some time...

i keep track of my mileage and i just got 31.5 to st louis and back, better by 3.5 than rated...i always use brand gas (BP) mostly...don't like to change back and forth...tends to create sediments in tank...use good oil no recycled stuff (i really don't understand that one although these days i guess its possible to at least be good enough for a clunker)...

so what to do...i was really looking for a more specific answer...i can't be the only one experiencing this...a dealer of course is a logical thought...i usually like to get a handle on things before i go to a dealership...

my mechanic isn't inexpensive but i can always trust him to give me good advice and a premium job (haven't kept him very busy with this car) while keeping me aware of what may be coming down the pike so that i can prepare for the expense etc...

but he is not into the specifics of this particular make model etc...ny hope is to speak with someone who is able to go beyond the normal and regular...i hope you will give it a shot or pass me to someone who has first hand knowledge of situations that others may not have had the opportunity to experience...

so i was really looking for an experienced enough person who would have come accross this problem before...having regularly dealt with late model fords, the new ecoboost and so on...

your thoughts?

mark

Gotcha. Unfortunately I can tell you right now without a decent scan tool that is capable of reading live data and being able to give me information and check things for you theres very little chance that I or anyone else can help you resolve this one. That being said I would assume you have at least had it checked for codes.. do you know if it has any? You should have visited me while you were in St Louis ;0) Just Kidding. Hindsight is always 20/20