Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician
Experience:  11 yrs at FLM Dealer, Senior Master Tech 05-present, ASE Master tech, Auto trans & Diesel
49638932

Ford Excursion: there. I have 3 or 4 issues. 1) is water

Customer Question

Hi there. I have 3 or 4 issues. 1) is water pump replacement. 2) bad vibration at 65-75 mph. 3) DTC codes say circ failure on gp 1,2,5,6,7, 7 Again, Code P0683 glow plug ctrl mod to PCM comm circ and Glow plug ctrl circ error 4) appears to be AC compressor making noise. 230K miles 7.3L
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mat replied 1 year ago.
Hi I would like to help you out with your issues. What is your question exactly? What is your question regarding the water pump? As far as the vibration to properly diagnose and help you I would need to know the frequency readings of the vibration. But generally at that spped you will pick up a tire vibration or driveline. So check the rear driveshaft for loose and also binding u-joints. Also inspect it well for missing weights. they have been know to fly off as they get older. so you may need to replaced u joints, balance the driveshaft or wheels to correct the vibration. P0683 and the glow plug are usually caused by a bad glow plug control module. Rectangle aluminum module with two square connectors on it. If the a/c compressor is making noise when engaged the a/ccompessor will need to be replaced. If you have any further questions or concerns please reply. Thanks