EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

My Lincoln Aviator was starting to overheat I changed out the

Customer Question

My Lincoln Aviator was starting to overheat I changed out the thermostat and the water pump still overheating after running about 10 minutes I was thinking of changing the sensor but I don't know where its located
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
radiator is fine that's why I'm asking this question because the cooling system sensor is the only thing I can think of thanks a lot guys
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Do you think the engine is actually overheating, or the gage just reading high? The Aviator does have some issues with the cylinder head temp sensor. Also what year is your truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an 04 the Gage went ab
out 3/4 and I turned it off.
I touched thereservoir it wasn't super hot at all but I think it would have gotten hot
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok Well the cht sensor is in the back of the rh cylinder head. You need to remove the rh fender splash shield and lower the exhaust to gain access to it. Also make sure the cooling fan clutch is working correctly by making sure it speeds up as the engine temp increases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Y'all suck. I was an air pocket and after getting that takin care of, I ran fine with no over heating. I guess y'all r book smart (mechanics). I'll never use this again that's for Damn sure.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Why do we suck? "Y'all" didn't even get the air out when replacing the coolant. Thats basic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If its so basic, why didn't you suggest that from the beginning?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
All that matters is your truck is good again. I will send this chat to customer service for a refund of any money you may have paid.