Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford escape: I currently own a ford escape 2011 and my vehicle

Customer Question

Hi I currently own a ford escape 2011 and my vehicle wont unlock
I tried to unlock on my key and it wont work and the key can only turn a little ways
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told I would get an answer in approximately 8 minutes and now that's half hour whats taking so long
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Easy questions are often answered really fast, ones more difficult, you have to wait for the right tech to come along.
The key will only turn about 45 degrees in both directions from vertical. If this occurs and both keys will not unlock the door manually or with the key fob. Then this means the battery is dead.
You will need to jump the vehicle from under the engine by connecting jumper cables to the frame and to the large wire connection on the alternator. This will power the vehicle enough to get the door to unlock, so you can open the hood and address the battery.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris