Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2011 ford escape, parked the vehicle today and all was fine

Customer Question

2011 ford escape, parked the vehicle today and all was fine during a severe rain and electrical storm. A few hours later the vehicle started but it is locked in park and console shift will not move from park. the power doors and windows as well as headlights, radio and interior lights do not function. Any ideas ???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
There is a good chance lightning struck the vehicle or near by and shorted out modules in the car. Also a water leak could of occurred and shorted out things. I can help you do all kinds of electrical tests, most are going to be at the smart junction box. Do you own a digital volt ohm meter and can you do tests with it?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the answer Chris. We got lucky...no tests or diagnostics done. We disconnected the battery and connected again. The electrical reset itself and all works fine now....wayne
Glad its all resolved, the SJB likely took a shock. Hopefully it remains working.