Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Transmission falls out when overdrive button is turned on

Customer Question

transmission falls out when overdrive button is turned on
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Can I get the year, make and model vehicle?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what kind of answer is this i gave you the year make and model like you ask what else do you need i ask a simple question it is a 2004 F150 5.4 liter 4speed automatic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the truck when in any other gear works fine till you put it in OD it acts like its in nuetral
Open the file below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/F150transmission.png
Your getting mad at the wrong person. I did not post an answer yet. I did not get the year make and model. In the above file, you can see the same page I do.
This issue is internal. It will be a valve sticking in the valve body, or a intermediate one way clutch snap ring popped off.